- Duration: 1 day
The one-day Comprehensive Introduction to Podcasting Certificated course is highly practical and packed full of useful information to get you on the road to producing your own professional podcasts. Podcasts provide a simple and effective method of communicating to thousands of people who are either visiting your website or are visiting dedicated podcasting sites.
This is a practical course that will teach you to create, edit, deliver and promote your podcasts. The course also provides useful hints and tips from industry experts on producing professional and effective results. You do not need previous experience to attend this course.
ON THIS COURSE YOU WILL LEARN:
- Getting the right ideas and the right format for your podcast
- The practicalities of what equipment you will need
- Understanding what software is needed
- How to achieve a professional recording and sound quality
- Understanding your audience and their needs
- Professional delivery of your podcast
- Post-production: editing, sound effects, and compression
- Outputting your podcast: different media, web site, RSS feeds and security issues
- How to promote and market your podcast
WHAT IS A PODCAST AND IDEAS FOR YOUR PODCAST?
- What can you do with podcasts?
- Getting the right ideas for suitable podcasts
- Examples of effective podcasts
- What equipment do I need?
- What software is best for me?
- Recording software options
- Audience needs
- Writing scripts
RECORDING A PODCAST
- Vocal delivery
- Recording your material
- Which microphone to use
- Microphone best practice
- Including sound effects
- Using audio software
- Editing software
- Basic editing techniques
- Editing tips and tricks
- Production values
- Adding music
- Different file formats
- Compression techniques
OUTPUTTING A PODCAST
- Saving to different media
- Uploading to a website
Understanding data rates
- Security issues
- RSS feeds
- Using an RSS template file
- Ready-made Podcast solutions
PROMOTING YOUR PODCAST
- Using PR and marketing techniques to promote and create reach for your podcast
- Using iTunes to publicize your podcast
- Podcast sites
The final Certificate award will be based on the following:
- Producing a short podcast during your training session.