- Duration: 1 day
The one-day Handling your Crisis Communications certificated course will allow delegates to start exploring how to prepare messaging and communications plans in readiness for risk and crisis situations. We will explore both unexpected and slow-onset crises caused by internal and external issues. You will learn about the different types of methods for determining the risk to use as a basis for preparing crisis communications plans. Delegates will learn about the key elements of crisis communications, how to formulate a crisis management plan and how to relate the plan to both internal and external communications.
Throughout the training, there is an emphasis on practical learning, including how and when to put a crisis communications plan into action and how to keep your communications plan flexible and updated.
The course is suitable for anyone involved in managing risk, in internal and external communications and in protecting the reputation of brands. It is inevitable that some stage you will encounter risk and crisis situations, whereby you will need to have robust communications plans in place. The course offers a practical approach of delivery, designed to give delegates real-life skills and capabilities that are immediately transferable to their own work-place environment.
ON THIS COURSE YOU WILL LEARN:
- Understanding the different types of risk
- The benefits of early intervention by implementing proactive measures
- The impact of social media and exposing your brand to risk
- Formulating and planning your messaging and crisis communications plans
- Identify when the incident and crisis communication plans should be used and when to stand down
- Ensuring your communications plans tie into robust crisis plans
- Using the crisis communications plan to drive internal communication during change
- Planning for effective external communications
- Successful crisis communications through the media
- Understanding different types of risk
- Exploring the benefits of early risk management and intervention in avoiding a crisis
- How to go about preparing a detailed crisis communications plan and manual
- Integrating your communications to your crisis planning
- Integrating your communications plans to internal communications strategies
- Using effective internal communications to deliver a key message during times of change
- Preparing robust media messages during the time of crisis
- The key message to appear on your “Dark site” so it is ready to go live during a crisis
- Understanding how to manage your communications with the media during a crisis
The final Certificate award will be based on the following:
Critical Thinking Exercises set and completed during the training – a series of practical exercises are set for each session for the delegates to work on during their training. This is an effective way to try out what you have been learning and gain insight and feedback, as you progress with each session during the course.