- Duration: 2 days
A strategic approach to media consultancy requires clarity on vision and goals. The course is designed to train you on how to confidently engage with the media, produce content and plan your media campaigns. During the course, we will look at the various types of media, building your media contacts and how to make your story newsworthy.
This course explains key decision points to identify new opportunities across the digital mix including the shift to content marketing and earned media strategies, as well as the latest trends in marketing. The course will teach you how to tackle your objectives with a strategic approach.
ON THIS COURSE YOU WILL LEARN
- Defining your marketing communication and media objectives
- Generating market / category / product insight
- Identifying relevant market and consumer opportunities
- Refining your target audience segments and behaviors
- Understanding the target audience media consumption patterns
- Clarifying your strategic intent
- Understanding the strengths and weaknesses of different media channels (online and offline)
- Understanding multi-media effects
- Organizing media channels to deliver your objectives
- Understanding the media landscape
- Who’s who in the media world
- Building your contacts and relationships with the press
- Producing stories and content that resonate with the media and target audiences
- Understanding your client’s needs and building rapport
- Shaping your client’s brand, reputation, and positioning
- Creating a strong PR angle and delivering clear, positive messages via the press
- Harnessing the power of influencers for your clients
The final Certificate award will be based on the following:
Critical Thinking Exercises set and completed during the training – a series of practical exercises are set for each session for the delegates to work on during their training. This is an effective way to try out what you have been learning and gain insight and feedback, as you progress with each session during the course.